I have lost count of how many beautiful zucchini just our star plant has produced. We have given away zucchini to as many of our friends as will have them, and to date have made one batch of zucchini squares, three chocolate zucchini loaves, and, my favourite so far, zucchini pancakes.
From food.com, here is the recipe:
- 2 cups (500 ml) finely shredded fresh zucchini
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp baking powder
- oil to grease frying pan or griddle
- Wash and grate zucchini – do not peel!
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add shredded zucchini and mix well using a fork.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and olive oil and stir well to blend.
- Add baking powder and mix using a spoon.
- Heat frying pan or griddle to medium to high.
- Rub pan or griddle with oil or butter before frying each batch of pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles on top of each pancake almost stop, about 1.5 minutes, flip over and cook other side for another 1.5 minutes.
- Keep cooked pancakes warm in oven preheated to 200F or serve immediately.
- Serve with jam, syrup, cottage cheese, yogurt, sour cream , or plain.
- Makes 8 large pancakes or 16 small ones.